ServiceWhale™ is an online marketplace where Service Providers (such as home improvement contractors) can list their services for sale and Service Consumers (such as homeowners) easily find Service Providers offering the services they need, instantly get customized quotes, negotiate final service terms, and then order the services online.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information Collected Upon Visiting. When you visit the Applications, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, the interactions with the Applications that you perform and links on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Applications and of our Service, and for the Applications' technical administration.
Information Collected Upon Registration. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Applications, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to ServiceWhale. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for the ServiceWhale service, if you desire to receive marketing materials and information, if you submit a Service Request, and/or if you create a Service Provider Profile to offer services through ServiceWhale. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your full name, password, email address, street address, time zone, telephone number, mobile phone number for text messages, photographs you upload, and other information that you decide to provide us with, or that you decide to include in your public profile. If you register as a Service Provider, create a Service Provider Profile, a Service Listing and/or a Quote on a Service Request, we may request and store your credit card number and other personally identifiable information.
Business Information. If you create a Service Provider Profile, you have the opportunity to provide additional information ("Business Information") such as your business name, logo or avatar, credentials and qualifications, year of business establishment, as well as links to your personal web site, if you have one. You may also upload a photograph portfolio of your previous work. We may supplement or modify the Business Information to conform to our editorial policies or to add information from your website, materials that you supply to us, or publicly available sources. When you respond to a Service Consumer's Service Request, all of the Business Information is displayed to the Service Consumer making such Service Request. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but may enable you market your services more effectively and potentially win more jobs on the Applications.
If you provide a mobile phone number, you will receive notifications on your mobile phone in a number of cases, such as when ServiceWhale updates you on a new Quote or Service Request, or a status change of an existing Quote or Service Request. If you are a Service Consumer, you may sign up for SMS notifications. If you are a Service Provider, you have to provide a mobile phone number for SMS notifications.
If you contact us by email or through the Applications, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and use such information to respond to your inquiry.
Survey. We may also collect information if you participate in surveys conducted by or on behalf of us or our partner companies, including but not limited to questionnaires, telephone interview and/or discussion groups, and otherwise providing general information about the ServiceWhale service.
Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from information collected from you (such as information contained in a Service Request) by excluding information (such as your full name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our discretion.
Use of Contact Information. In general, we may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests or job offers;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- create Anonymous Data records from such information;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
We collect credit card information from our Users only using secure and encrypted communication channels based on SSL technology. To ensure security of credit card information collected from our Users, we do NOT store such information (or any parts thereof) on any of our computers or servers, including servers that we lease from hosting providers. In order to accept credit cards, we use Stripe.com payment gateway, a PCI Level 1 certified provider, which is the most stringent level of security certification available for payment gateways. In accordance with Stripe.com requirements, we only use secure and encrypted communication channels when transferring any credit card information to Stripe.com servers. See https://stripe.com/help/security for more information.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. Under no circumstances, other than in the event of a Business Transfer (as discussed below) will ServiceWhale sell, rent or lease its Service Consumer lists (or the Service Consumer list of any individual Service Provider) to a third party.
Circumstance under which we may share your personal information:
- To Provide Information to Service Providers. We may share your personal information with Service Providers registered with ServiceWhale that perform certain services on behalf of Service Consumers. Sharing this information with Service Providers allows them to provide an accurate Quote on the service you're requesting. The information we share is generally the information contained in the Service Request form, including the first name and the first letter of the last name of the Service Consumer, the type of service needed, when and where the service should be performed, a description of the service needed, and any photographs pertaining to the Service Request. When you accept a price quote from a Service Provider, additional information will be shared, including personally identifiable information such as the your real name, phone number, email address, and street address of the job location.
- To Provide Information to Service Consumers. If you are a registered Service Provider, we may share your personal information with Service Consumers requesting services through ServiceWhale. Sharing this information with Service Consumers helps them to assess Service Provider quality and select the Service Provider to perform the service they need done. The information we share is generally the information in your Service Provider Profile, with the exception of your address, contact phone number, mobile phone number, and email address. In addition, we automatically generate from your Service Listing and share with the Service Consumer the Quote in response to the Service Consumer’s Service Request and any additional information you choose to provide to the Service Consumer such as appointment start times, private notes, and questions about the Service Request. If you Quote on a job and your Quote is selected by the Service Consumer, ServiceWhale will then, and only then, share your address, contact phone number, and email address with the Service Consumer in order to facilitate communication about the ordered job.
- To Facilitate ServiceWhale's Use of Third-Party Services. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management and User credit card payments. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
- To Comply with Laws and Law Enforcement. ServiceWhale cooperates with government and law enforcement bodies to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement bodies, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of ServiceWhale or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
CHANGING OR DELETING INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of the Applications, you may access and update or correct the information you provided to us by updating your settings and/or your Service Provider Profile. If you wish to delete your account, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, which will be acted upon within 21 days.
ServiceWhale is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Website or other Application, your information will travel through networks and other third party infrastructures which are not under our control.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Applications contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The Applications are not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without the parent or guardian's consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from minors under 18. If we become aware that a minor under 18 has provided us with personal identifiable information, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to promptly delete such information from our files.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, or wish to opt-out of any specific provision, please feel free to contact us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.