Places Where Homeowners Can Install Vinyl Flooring
Now that you’ve selected your vinyl flooring type and have decided how you are going to install your flooring, it’s time to give some thoughts as to what rooms of your home you’re are planning to lay down vinyl flooring. Fortunately, vinyl flooring makes a great choice for almost any room in your house thanks to its extreme utility. Just a few of the rooms you could install your vinyl flooring include:
- Kitchens: Kitchens are very high stress rooms thanks to the frequency of spills and wild temperature changes. Because of its heat, moisture and impact resistance, vinyl is a great choice for the flooring in your kitchen.
- Baths: Similar to kitchens, the flooring in your bathrooms experience a great deal of moisture exposure. Vinyl flooring can hold up to this high level of moisture and last for many years to come.
- Entryways: The entryways in your home likely undergo a high amount of daily foot traffic, increasing the wear and tear your flooring suffers. Vinyl’s extreme wear resistance and general durability makes it a great choice for the most active areas in your home.
- Laundry Rooms: Because they are so easy to clean, vinyl floors are also a great choice for your laundry room or any other room that experiences a lot of dirt and debris build-up.
- Playrooms: If you have children, vinyl flooring is a great choice for playrooms, both for its aforementioned wear and moisture resistances, as well as its characteristics as a non-slip surface.
- Vinyl Flooring is Not Recommended for Outdoor Areas: Lastly, although vinyl flooring is very durable and long lasting, it has not been designed for the intense nature of outdoor usage, and should only be installed in the interior of your home. The changes in temperatures, the sun, and the humidity effect the vinyls significantly and make it reshape and swollen at outdoor conditions. If you choose to install vinyl floors outside - make sure you consult with professional contractor about durability.
- Vinyl Floor Installation Cost Calculator
- Vinyl Cost
- Vinyl Flooring Types and Styles
- Vinyl Flooring Installation Methods
- Places Where Homeowners Can Install Vinyl Flooring
- Where Homeowners Can Buy Materials
- Vinyl Floor Installation / Labor Cost
- Vinyl Flooring Maintenance
- DIY or Not. DIY Problems and Limits
- Contractor Hiring Tips